Compact Secondary Substation (CSS)
Compact Substation is also known as Compact Secondary Substation (CSS) consist of all the necessary equipment such as VCB, DRY TYPE TRANSFORMER (it may be VPI Type or CRT Type) , LBS, RMU, PROTECTIVE RELAYS, etc.
Thus CSS is all in one compact substation which has all the necessary devices.
This CSS is easily transferable and can be taken into work within a limited period of time. All you have to do is to give H.V side and L.V side connections and your CSS is ready for use which is safe and reliable.
This transformer can be installed in various industries such as Casting industries, Textile industries, Residential areas, Solar farms, Wind farms, etc. We manufacture a wide range of Compact Substation. The standard range is 250 KVA to 5000 KVA. 3.3, 6.6, 11, 22 & 33 KV voltages class.
Features Of Compact Substation:
- Designed for indoor installation close to their point of use at the center of the major load consumers.
- These transformers are combined with their primary and secondary switchgear and distribution boards into compact substations that are installed directly at their point of use.
- This reduces construction requirements, cable costs, transmission losses and installation costs.
- Transformer is fitted with three temperature sensors installed in the LV winding, and a solid-state tripping device with relay output.
- It can be mounted on a roof top (for dry type transformer) where you want the power supply.
|Transformer||Dry type or vacuum impregnated transformer.|
|Tapping||±5% in 2.5% gap in 5 steps.|
|H.V Side protection||VCB with alarm and trip protections.|
|L.V Side protection||LBS for making and breaking contact from L.V side.|
|Sensors||EMCO make 8 channels RTD with Fan, Alarm,|
Trip and Fault acknowledgement.
- Designed to give maintenance free long lasting operation for minimum 30 years.
- Dry type epoxy cast or vacuum impregnated or transformer.
- VCB or SF6 C.B whichever is suitable for protection from H.V side with all necessary protecting relays, CT’S, PT’S etc.
- LBS switch for making or breaking contact from L.V side.
- M.S cabinet for protection of all the internal devices from environmental strokes.
- Epoxy or polyurethane dual coat with zinc rich primer on the cabinet for protection against rust for minimum 5 years.